- When you apply the 6 steps of The Target System on a side effect:
- Cancer treatments will lead to less symptom burden.
- You will be able to select appropriate measures that are actually effective for a particular side effect sub-type.
- Less dose adjustments or modification of cancer therapy than before are needed.
When you choose not to apply the six steps of The Target System on a side effect:
- Side effects will become severe and sustaining
- Patients will be taken off their lifesaving or life-sustaining drug
- This may lead to decreased outcome.